- What information do we collect?
Registration By Email: When you register to use our Services via your email address, you will be asked to provide your email address, user name and password.
Registration By Third Party Social Network: If you register or log into your account through a third-party social network service, such as Facebook, we will have access to some of your third-party account information from that service, such as your name and other information in that account, as authorized by that service. You should review such third party social network’s data policy for more information about their data collection practices. You have the ability to disable the connection between our Services and your third-party account at any time.
Creating a Profile: When you create a SideChef Profile, you can add photos, post recipes, post blogs, post comments, follow other users and invite followers, and receive notifications relating to your preferences, including, but not limited to, following lists, recipe updates and recommendations, and user communications. You understand that information you choose to make publicly available may be accessed by users who use the Services. Users can modify push notification preferences within the Application via Settings.
Participating in SideChef Promotions or Contests: SideChef may offer its users the ability to participate in various promotions and contests offered on our Services from time to time. In electing to participate, users will be required to provide certain personal information, such as first and last name and email address to enable SideChef to track entrants and notify winners. All Promotions or Contests are limited to persons 18 years of age and older (on behalf of themselves or as the parent or legal guardian of entries submitted on behalf of minors).
Mobile Device Information Automatically Collected: The Application may also collect certain mobile device information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the Application. This Application does not collect precise information about the location of your mobile device.
Financial and Tax Information: As part of our Services, for our Content Partners (as defined in Section 4) we may collect your bank account information, withholding allowances and tax filings status.
Cookies: As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. When you use our Services, we may collect certain information automatically from you, which may include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, clickstream data, landing page, and referring URL. To collect this information, a cookie may be set on your computer or device when you visit our Services. Cookies contain a small amount of information that allows our web servers to recognize you. We store information that we collect through cookies, log files, and/or clear gifs to record your preferences. We may also automatically collect information about your use of features of our Services, about the functionality of our Services, frequency of visits, and other information related to your interactions with the Services. We may track your use across different websites and services. In some countries, including countries in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), the information referenced above in this paragraph may be considered personal information under applicable data protection laws. You can set your browser to remove or reject cookies; however some Site features or Services may not work properly without cookies.
Connecting to a 3rd Party Appliance:
If you provision a 3rd party appliance to connect with our Services, you will provide us with certain credentials provided to you by the manufacturer of the 3rd party appliance for the purpose of connecting our Services with the 3rd party appliance. Once your 3rd party appliance is connected to our Services, (“3rd Party Connected Appliance), data including the following may be collected:
- 3rd Party Connected Appliance information, such as model number, serial number, order number, software and hardware version numbers, performance, and configuration, including work tools or other peripheral devices attached to 3rd Party Connected Appliances.
- Electronic information, such as sensor logs, trends, histograms, event data, other alerts, digital state data, fault codes, idle time, service meter hours, electronic data files downloaded manually or automatically from a 3rd Party Connected Appliance, troubleshooting data, and other data, depending on the type of 3rd Party Connected Appliances used.
- Real-time usage information for your 3rd Party Connected Appliances that depends on the type of 3rd Party Connected Appliances, such as the (number of) times a 3rd Party Connected Appliance is turned on or off, the type and/or number of cycles run by a 3rd Party Connected Appliance, different modes used, and the date your 3rd Party Connected Appliance was installed.
- Location and Communication Information. We will collect information from your 3rd Party Connected Appliance such as the 3rd Party Connected Appliance’s IP address, MAC address, RFID and/or WiFi connection.
- How is collected information used and stored?
- Is Information Collected by or Disclosed to Third Parties by using the Services?
- Third party service providers. We, like many businesses, sometimes engage other companies to perform certain business-related functions on our behalf so that we can focus on our core business. Examples of these services include, but are not limited to, grocery ordering, payment processing and authorization, fulfillment and shipping, marketing and promotional material distribution, website evaluation, social media management, data analysis and, where applicable, data cleansing. We authorize them to use this Personal Data only in connection data security and privacy standards.
- Manufacturers of 3rd Party Connected Appliances. To the extent any data to be shared involves Personal Data, we authorize them to use this Personal Data only in connection data security and privacy standards.
- Web analytics. SideChef utilizes Facebook Analytics and Google Analytics for Firebase to track user events on our App. Facebook Analytics and Google Analytics for Firebase utilize a tracking pixel, agent or any other visitor identification technology to collect, use, share and store anonymous, aggregate data about end users activities on our App. For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook Analytics and Google Analytics for Firebase, users should review the Privacy Practices of Facebook Analytics and Google Analytics for Firebase. If you do not wish to have information about your activities used by Facebook Analytics and Google Analytics for Firebase as stated above, you can opt-out by emailing SideChef at email@example.com.
- Legal requirements. We may disclose your Personal Data if required to do so by law (including, without limitation responding to a subpoena or request from law enforcement, court or government agency or other public authorities) or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary (i) to comply with a legal obligation, (ii) to protect or defend our rights, interests or property or that of other customers or users, (iii) to act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) to protect against legal liability or potential fraud, as determined in our sole discretion.
- Your consent. If we intend to use any of your Personal Data collected in any manner that is not specified herein, we will inform you of such anticipated use prior to or at the time at which such Personal Data is collected or we will obtain your consent subsequent to such collection but prior to such use. In short, we will honor the choices you make regarding your Personal Data and will inform you about any other intended uses of such information.
- Linking to or from Third Party Platforms.
- How Does SideChef Comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act?
- What are my data protection rights?
- Access, Update or Delete Personal Data. If you have created and maintained a SideChef account on our Services, you will be able to access, view, update, or delete your Personal Data by signing into your Account and visit “Account Setting,” or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you make a request to delete your Personal Data and that data is necessary for the products or Services you have purchased, the request will be honored only to the extent it is no longer necessary for any Services purchased or required for our legitimate business purposes or legal or contractual record keeping requirements.
- Restrict the Personal Data We Can Process. You can use the Services and restrict the Personal Data we can process by disabling cookies, by not registering an account with us or email us at email@example.com. If you choose to restrict the Personal Data you provide and/or to disable cookies, you may not be able to use certain functionalities of our Services. For instance, in order to purchase goods and services on our Services, payment and shipping information must necessarily be provided.
- Opt-out of Promotional Communications. We may send you information by email if you subscribe via your SideChef account. Please be aware that even if you opt-out of receiving future promotional communications, you may, if you utilize the eCommerce features of our Services, be sent certain transactional communications related to the purchase or shipment of items purchased. Thus, if you order online, we will send you an email confirming your order and may need to contact you by phone, email or regular mail if we have questions about your order. Additionally, an opt-out will not remove you from messages that we are required to send under relevant laws or regulations.
- Portability. You can request portability of your Personal Data by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Data Transfers
- How long does SideChef retain information collected?
- What is SideChef’s Security Policy?
- How Does SideChef Respond to “Do Not Track” Signals?
- Contact Us