How To Prepare Naked Air-Fried Chicken Wings
Prepare the chicken wings by following these easy and quick steps:
- Clean the chicken wings and pat them dry using a paper towel. Drying the chicken will help the oil and rub to stick better and will also help crisp up the chicken wings.
- In a medium mixing bowl, drizzle some olive oil or any vegetable oil to the wings and massage it well.
- Sprinkle in the seasoning and spices and rub the chicken wings until well coated.
- Now your chicken wings are ready to cook!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Chicken Wings - maybe a little messy to eat with your hands but we all know that this is a true game day favorite finger food! Rub them with your favorite spice mix, toss in your go-to wing sauce or the classic, buffalo sauce. Bags of chicken wings can easily be found in the fresh section or frozen section of grocery stores.
- Seasonings and Spices - salt, pepper, chili powder, garlic powder, and some red chili peppers are going to be used. You can adjust the chili powder and red chili peppers depending on your heat preference.
- Oil - you can choose to use any oil of your choice. The oil is to help the seasonings and spices stick to your chicken wings.
Tips & Suggestions
- When placing the chicken wings in the air-fryer basket, place them in a single layer without overcrowding the wings too much. This will help cook them equally.
- Half-way through cooking, flip the chicken wings, this will ensure that they are cooked thoroughly and all sides have that beautiful caramelized color.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do chicken wings take in an air fryer?
Your chicken wings can take from 24-30 minutes to cook depending on the size of your wings. Not overcrowding the wings helps them cook better and equally. Flip the chicken wings half-way through or shake the air-fryer basket every 5-10 minutes.
How do you crisp wings in an air-fryer?
If you want crispy chicken wings, you can turn up the heat to 400 degrees F instead of 360 degrees F, this will help the skin of the wings to crisp up. Shake the basket or flip the wings every 5-7 minutes until they’re fully cooked and crispy.
You Might Also Like:
Collection of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try