How To Make Delicious Air-Fried Chicken
How To Marinate and Coat Chicken
Just mix in water to the chicken fry mix in a medium or large mixing bowl to prepare the marinade for this chicken recipe. You can use a fork or a whisk to combine the water and fry mix and whisk it until the fry mix dissolves. Put in the clean chicken pieces and let it soak. Ideally, marinating chicken is best overnight but 10 minutes may be enough to let the flavors stick to the outside of the chicken. You can use a plastic bag or another mixing bowl filled with breadcrumbs to coat the chicken before putting it into the air fryer basket. Make sure to coat the chicken well and shake it off to remove excess breading. Place the chicken pieces without overcrowding them in the air fryer. Cook with little oil until cooked through and golden brown, don’t forget to flip it halfway.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Chicken - choose your favorite chicken part for this recipe but a bone-in and skin-on chicken works wonderful for this air-fried chicken recipe.
- Chicken Fry Mix - you can use any brand of chicken fry mix or even make your own with just an all-purpose flour, spices such as garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Breadcrumbs - you can use regular breadcrumbs, Keto Breadcrumbs, or panko.
Tips & Suggestions
- To help your chicken crisp up, you can turn up the temperature of your air fryer for about 20 degrees to the last 2-3 minutes of your cooking time.
- If you’re working with big chicken pieces and have a small air fryer, you can line up the chicken pieces standing upright. Just don’t forget to leave some space between each piece to have an even cook on them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this air-fried chicken recipe in the oven?
Yes, of course! Baking the chicken may be longer than using the air fryer and results may not be exactly the same. To know if it’s cooked, the internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees F. Just like cooking in the air-fryer, flip the chicken halfway through cooking.
You Might Also Like:
Collection of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try