How To Make Seared Salmon Oatmeal Bowl
How To Prepare Savory Oatmeal
Cook the old fashioned rolled oats in water together with the flaxseed, wheat bran, and chia. Make sure you use a medium size saucepan or small pot and cover the dry ingredients with water. Let the mixture simmer and stir it well from the bottom and cook for about 15 minutes or until savory oatmeal is cooked through and creamy. Add in the cashew butter and stir well, your oatmeal will become thicker after adding the cashew butter. Off the heat and set aside until ready to serve.
How To Sear Salmon Fillet
Season the salmon fillet on all sides with some salt and pepper. Heat the skillet or frying pan with a little oil of your choice. Once the pan is hot, cook the salmon fillets for about 3 minutes per side or just until the salmon is cooked through and has a great sear color.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Old-Fashioned Rolled Oats - a true classic oatmeal that is perfect for this savory oatmeal recipe because of its bigger oats and texture. When cooked, it can have a similar texture to porridge.
- Wheat Bran - an excellent source of fiber! Adds a slightly sweet, nutter, and savory flavor to this oatmeal recipe.
- Ground Flaxseed - also adds mild nutty flavor and packed with omega-3, helps in digestion, and also helps lowering blood sugar. You can easily find this in supermarkets, Bob’s Red Mill is one of the popular brands that has this.
- Chia Seeds - another classic and popular superfood that is known for its health benefits like antioxidants and omega-3. The texture of chia changes when soaked or cooked, it becomes more gel-like with a little pop of crunchiness.
- Cashew Butter - you can use any cashew butter from the store but if you have some cashew nuts sitting, you can whip your own Cashew Butter at home in just 10 minutes!
- Wild Salmon Fillets - this meaty and flavorful fish is a great source of vitamin D. You can easily buy skinless salmon fillets in the frozen section or fresh ones in the market. If using frozen salmon fillets, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight before cooking.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it good to eat oatmeal for dinner?
Oats are very healthy, packed with fiber, and heart-healthy benefits! They are also very filling, keeping hunger pangs at bay especially at night.
Can I use almond butter in my oatmeal?
Of course! Use any nut butter you like or have on hand.
Can I substitute old-fashioned oats for quick-cooking oats?
Quick-cooking oats cook faster and have a more delicate texture than old fashioned oats. If you want a thicker and heartier consistency, use old fashioned oats.
You Might Also Like:
Collection Of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try