How To Make Barbecue Chicken Quesadilla
How To Prepare BBQ Sauce
Just like with other sauces and dressings, BBQ sauce is super easy to make. Just combine all the ingredients in a bowl or directly in a saucepot to lessen the clean-up. Since we’re using vinegar and sugar, make sure you properly stir and mix all the ingredients for a smooth texture.
How To Assemble Barbecue Chicken Quesadilla
Prepare your barbecue chicken filling by mixing your homemade bbq sauce with your shredded rotisserie chicken or chicken breast. Spread the barbecue chicken filling on the flour tortilla, leaving some space from the edges, and sprinkle with shredded cheese; then cover with another tortilla. You can easily toast this in your microwave; just choose the grill function! Or use the classic method and toast it in a pan.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Ketchup - A great base for many sauces, especially if we want to get that sweet and tangy flavor. You can choose to use store-bought ketchup or make this: Homemade Ketchup.
- Apple Cider Vinegar - to help have more tanginess to your bbq sauce, adding apple cider vinegar will certainly help lift the acidic flavor to your sauce.
- Brown Sugar - aside from giving the deep brown color to the bbq sauce, brown sugar helps cut through the acidity and gives a hint of caramel-sweetness to the bbq sauce.
- Paprika - no one likes a flat bbq sauce, right? We’re adding paprika to give a hint of heat that makes the bbq sauce more full-bodied in flavor.
- Ground Cumin - its earthy with bitter undertones also adds to the character that we all look for in our bbq sauce.
- Rotisserie Chicken - an excellent recipe for your leftover rotisserie chicken. If you don’t have one but crave this meal, no worries! You can also use boiled chicken breast.
- Flour Tortillas - you can use store-bought flour tortillas or easily make your own Homemade Flour Tortillas too.
- Cheese - just like any quesadilla recipe, a medley of shredded cheese is always a sure win! You can use a Mexican 4-cheese blend for this recipe.
Tips & Suggestions
- BBQ Sauce - you can use your favorite store-bought barbecue sauce but making your own gives you more control over the flavor of your sauce. You can make it as sweet or as tangy or as spicy as you like. The bonus is you can make a big batch for your other bbq recipes!
- Side Dishes - although we highly recommend chunky Guacamole, Salsa, and sour cream, you can also add some Mexican slaw, or Refried Beans. Feel free to have as many sides and dips as you want.
- Cooking Method - quesadillas are usually toasted or finished off in a pan or skillet but with this easy recipe, you can use your microwave.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can Chicken Quesadilla Be Made Ahead?
Although this recipe is super easy and quick to make, we understand how meal preps are helpful for a busy week. You can make these ahead and even freeze them if you'd like. They make for a quick and easy lunch or snack when you have no time at all.
You Might Also Like:
Collection of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try
Rate & Review
TagsVIEW MORE TAGS VIEW LESS TAGS
Eggs Florentine with Summer Vegetables
Chicken Parmesan with Miso Balsamic Salad
Vegetable Masala Curry with Basmati Rice
Quinoa with Vegetables Sous-Vide
Junior Apricot & Orange Rice Pudding
Pumpkin Risotto with Feta
Butternut Squash Carbonara
Deviled Crab Cakes
Shepherd's Pie in a Mug
Basil Pesto Salmon with Spinach