How To Make 5-Ingredient BBQ Chicken Sandwich with Ranch Slaw
How To Prepare BBQ Chicken
If you’re making bbq chicken from scratch and are not using leftover rotisserie chicken, you can follow these simple steps:
- Boil the chicken thigh fillet or chicken breasts with some salt and pepper until cooked through. Cooking time is about 5-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of your chicken.
- Let the cooked chicken cool down before shredding it. You can use a hand mixer, stand mixer, or old-school two forks to break the chicken into shreds.
- Add the bbq sauce to the shredded chicken and set aside until ready to assemble.
How To Prepare Ranch Slaw
Start preparing the ranch slaw when all your components are ready to avoid having a watery coleslaw. Toss the ranch dressing into your coleslaw mix and season with salt and pepper until fully coated. Don’t forget to give it a taste to adjust the seasoning before assembling the chicken sandwich.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Chicken Thighs - usually has a higher fat content, making it moister than chicken breast, but you can also use boneless, skinless chicken breast. This chicken sandwich recipe is also a great way to use some leftover rotisserie chicken.
- Barbeque Sauce - you can use your favorite bottle of bbq sauce or homemade bbq sauce. Make your own bbq sauce with this simple recipe: BBQ Sauce.
- Coleslaw Mix - can be easily found in the refrigerated section in grocery stores; you can choose a regular coleslaw or tricolor coleslaw mix. If you have leftover cabbage, you can make your own mix too.
- Ranch Dressing - feel free to use your go-to brand of ranch dressing or whip your own quickly with this 5-minute recipe: Homemade Ranch Dressing
- Hamburger Buns - choose your best hamburger bun pack whether you like some brioche burger buns, potato burger buns, pretzel buns, or just regular buns. Even loaf slices can also work with this recipe.
Tips & Suggestions
- Making your own bbq sauce gives you more control over the flavor; you can make it as sweet or spicy as you like. You can easily make a big batch since homemade bbq sauce can be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months, and you will only need less than ten ingredients.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this BBQ Chicken Sandwich with Ranch Slaw be made ahead?
You can prepare the bbq chicken ahead of time, but we don’t recommend making the ranch slaw ahead of time nor assembling the chicken sandwich. The coleslaw can easily water down and will make your sandwich soggy. No worries, this sandwich is super easy and takes less than 30 minutes to complete.
What sides can go well with this bbq chicken sandwich?
Although this bbq chicken sandwich is already a perfect meal, sides such as Homemade French Fries
, Potato Salad with Homemade Aioli
, or Mac and Cheese
will also go well with this.
You Might Also Like:
Collection Of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try
Rate & Review
TagsVIEW MORE TAGS VIEW LESS TAGS
Green Eggs and Ham Grilled Pizza
Sausage-Pesto Christmas Wreath
5-Minute Garlic Butter Dinner Roll
Teriyaki Salmon with Brown Rice and Pickled Vegetables
Guinness and Cheese Bread
Penne alla Vodka
Blackened Swordfish with Sriracha Slaw
Cauliflower Crust Pizza
Maple Balsamic Glazed Carrots
Chocolate Pistachio Rolls with Orange Glaze
Keto English Muffin
Classic Fluffy Mashed Potatoes
Naturally Dyed Eggs
Cajun Parmesan Shrimp Pasta
Baked Cod with Garlic Butter Sauce