How To Make Cheesy Jalapeño Skillet Dip
How To Prepare Cheesy Jalapeño Dip in a Skillet
Begin with preparing all the ingredients, chop the jalapeños peppers and shred the cheeses if not using packed shredded cheese. You can mix everything together in a mixing bowl then transfer it to the skillet pan. Sprinkle some more shredded cheese or Mexican blend and some fresh jalapeño slices on top. You can cook it in the grill or smoker or even in an oven just until the cheese is bubbly and starts to create a brown cheese crust top.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Jalapeño Peppers - fresh jalapeños give it a nice spicy kick, remove the seeds if you don’t want it spicy. Alternatively, use your favorite pepper or hot sauce.
- Pepper Jack Cheese - a variety of Monterey Jack cheese with some peppers and vegetables for added flavor.
- Sharp Cheddar Cheese - has a more pronounced and pungent flavor compared to regular cheddar cheese.
- Cream Cheese - a soft and creamy cheese that has a tangy and tart flavor. Cream cheese also helps all the ingredients be combined all together.
- Canned Green Chiles - you can usually find different varieties of canned green chiles in the stores and depending on your tolerance, you can choose the preferred heat level.
- Killer Hogs The A.P. Rub - dry seasoning rub that works great with all kinds of meat and even vegetables. An all purpose seasoning that adds a punch of savory flavor to this cheesy dip.
- Mexican Seasoning - classic Mexican seasoning has usually some heat and smokiness. A flavorful seasoning that adds some mouth-watering flavor. If you prefer more heat, you can add in more chili powder to make it spicier.
Tips & Suggestions
- If you don’t have a skillet of don’t want to use one, you can still make it in an oven-safe dish.
- To serve, you can use any of your favorite brand tortilla chips or make your own Homemade Tortilla Chips, or also use baguette chips if you have some leftover baguette.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this Cheesy Jalapeño Skillet Dip ahead of time?
This recipe is great for making ahead! You can make it a day before game day and just pop it in the oven or griller when ready to cook.
You Might Also Like:
Collection of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try