How To Make Whipped Brown Sugar Banana Oatmeal
How To Prepare the Whipped Oatmeal
Preparing the whipped oatmeal is super easy. It’s like cooking regular oatmeal but with continuous whisking. You will need a medium-sized pot, whisk, and oatmeal ingredients. Combine your ingredients in your pot and bring it to boil, and let your mixture reduce or start to have a thicker consistency. You can now begin to whisk it continuously until you have a thick oatmeal mixture. Slowly add in your thin-sliced banana and continue to whisk until you have a creamy and thick banana oatmeal mixture. Continuous whisking will incorporate air and will give you the whipped effect and extra creamy oatmeal.
How To Assemble the Whipped Brown Sugar Banana Oatmeal
While your whipped oatmeal is hot, assemble your bowl with dark brown sugar and chopped nuts and fruits. Topping the brown sugar to hot oatmeal will help it melt and create an almost brown sugar syrup. You can add your favorite nuts and dried fruits.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Milk - cooking your oats in milk will give you a creamy texture with a milky flavor. If you have lactose intolerance, you can easily substitute this with oat milk or almond milk.
- Quick Cooking Oats - it is ideal to use this type of oats since it cooks quickly, but it can easily turn into a mushy consistency. Using the old-fashioned oats or steel-cut oats will require a longer cooking time and additional liquid.
- Banana - banana will give a creamier texture to this whipped oatmeal.
- Vanilla Extract - packed with floral and sweet taste and aroma, vanilla extract will give this breakfast recipe an extra kick of flavor. You can use your store-bought vanilla extract, or you can also make your own with just two ingredients using this Homemade Vanilla Extract recipe.
Tips & Suggestions
- You can top this whipped oatmeal with your favorite nuts or dried fruits. You can also make a caramelized brown sugar syrup instead of just sprinkling it with dark brown sugar.
- This recipe is excellent for meal prep, and you can also store it in individual containers for a quick grab and eat breakfast.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make whipped oatmeal ahead of time?
Definitely! You can make a batch of this whipped oatmeal and store it for up to 5 days. Place it in an airtight container or resealable plastic bag.
How can I reheat whipped oatmeal?
You can reheat it in a microwave or stovetop. Add in some milk when reheating and whisk it through again to keep it fluffy and creamy.
You Might Also Like:
Collection of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try