How To Make Keto Pasta
How To Make Keto Pasta Dough From Scratch
Using a food processor or blender, combine all the dry ingredients and pulse until well combined. Add eggs to the dry ingredients and pulse together until a ball of dough starts to form. You can then knead the pasta dough on a flat surface until soft and form it into a ball until ready to use.
How To Prepare The Keto Pasta
When your keto pasta dough is ready, you can roll it out to the fettuccine-like thickness. If you’re using a pasta maker, use the largest setting to pass through the dough and choose the fettuccine function to cut it. If you don’t have a pasta maker, you can use a rolling pin to flatten the dough and cut it using a knife. Don’t forget to sprinkle some almond flour on the dough and the rolling pin to prevent it from sticking. You can hang the keto fettuccine pasta or put it on a rack to dry for about 24 hours before using it or storing it.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Almond Flour - a popular keto-friendly flour and alternative to regular flour. It’s naturally low-carb and packed with nutrients.
- Ground Flaxseed - known as a great egg replacement, this is added in this recipe as a binding agent that will help the pasta keep its shape. Flaxseed also helps in digestion and lowers blood cholesterol.
- Xantham Gum - an absolute keto staple that helps in stabilizing the pasta dough. If you’re new to keto, it’s great to keep xanthan gum in your pantry. Aside from its many uses in cooking, it has a lot of health benefits too. It helps regulate blood sugar and lowers cholesterol.
- Eggs - the sole wet ingredient for this keto pasta dough; it helps bind everything together and gives the pasta its bright yellow color.
Tips & Suggestions
- You can try using this keto pasta recipe with your favorite sauces or try this Keto Alfredo Sauce too.
- Use more water than you’d usually need to boil regular pasta. It will help not to let your pasta noodles stick together or break.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long should I cook my dry homemade keto pasta?
Cook your keto pasta for less than 5 minutes. Just like cooking regular pasta, the best way to know if your pasta is cooked to your preferred texture is to take a bite.
How do I store my homemade keto pasta?
To keep it fresh and have it stored longer, you should dry it for 24 hours, put it in an airtight container, and keep it in your pantry. No need to store it in the fridge, especially not in your freezer. It can last for more than a month.
You Might Also Like:
Learn More About Keto
Collection Of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try