How To Make Crispy “Breaded” Chicken Tenders
How To Make Keto Breadcrumbs
You will only need a food processor or blender and pork rinds to make these quick and easy keto-friendly breadcrumbs. Pulse in the pork rinds until you get a coarse consistency or similar to the texture of panko breadcrumbs. If using unseasoned pork rinds, you can season it with some salt and pepper. Set aside until ready to use or for storing.
How To Set Up Your Breading Station
The classic breading station consists of 3 parts: seasoned flour, wet mixture, and breadcrumbs. Season the flour well since this will be the first coating for your chicken. The wet mix usually consists of a beaten egg, you can add a splash of milk to your egg, but it is not required. In this recipe, the breadcrumbs will be the pork rinds for more keto-friendly breadcrumbs.
You can create your station in order of the breading steps to avoid any confusion. These are the three steps for proper breading:
- Coat the chicken evenly with seasoned flour and shake off excess flour
- Dredge the floured chicken in the wet mixture and gently shake off the wet mixture
- Roll the wet chicken into breadcrumbs, pressing gently to help the breadcrumbs stick well
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Chicken Breasts - an excellent source of protein with zero carbs which is great for your special diet. You can substitute this with thigh fillet too.
- Coconut Flour is a great flour for a low-carb diet and is also an excellent flour for those with gluten sensitivities. You can also substitute it with almond flour which is also a keto-friendly flour.
- Egg - in this recipe, eggs will only be used for the breading.
- Pork Rinds - main and only ingredient to create your keto-friendly breadcrumbs. You can pulse in a big batch and store it for future use.
- Seasonings - to boost the flavor of this recipe, you can use salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. You can also add other seasonings that you think will work great with this recipe, like smoked paprika, garlic powder, etc.
Tips & Suggestions
- Make sure your chicken tenders are evenly covered with keto-friendly breadcrumbs. Sometimes it’s better to bread the chicken by hand without using any utensils.
- Spray the keto chicken tenders with a cooking spray for an even crispier and crunchier texture.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Many Carbs Are in Breaded Chicken Tenders?
It is easy to make keto-friendly breadcrumbs from pork rinds. Using pork rinds and chicken tenders makes this recipe very low-carb. On average, depending on your ingredients, this recipe only has 2-3 grams net carbs per serving. Breaded chicken tenders are packed with protein and still crunchy like the regular breaded chicken.
Can keto breaded chicken tenders be made ahead?
Since you will be working with fresh chicken, you can only store the prepared breaded chicken tenders in the fridge for up to a day. You can also store them in the coldest part of your fridge. To store longer, you can cook it and it will be safe for up to 4 days. You can reheat it in a toaster or refry it to keep them crispy.
You Might Also Like:
Collection of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try