How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip Sliders
These simple yet delicious buffalo chicken dip sliders are incredibly easy to make, you’ll want them not just for game day but as an everyday snack.
How To Prepare the Chicken
Place your chicken breast in a large pot and season with salt and pepper. Add your favorite cayenne hot sauce. I'm using Frank’s RedHot sauce in this recipe. Add enough water to cover the chicken by an inch. Once cooked, cool it slightly and shred the chicken using a hand mixer, stand mixer, or 2 forks.
How To Prepare the Buffalo Chicken Mixture
Combine in a large mixing bowl the cream cheese, blue cheese, cayenne hot sauce or homemade buffalo sauce, and your shredded chicken.
How To Assemble
Using a bread knife, gently slice across the entire package of rolls in half. Place the bottom of the rolls on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and spread your buffalo chicken mixture evenly. Place back the top part of the rolls and press gently. Brush over your garlic butter on top of the rolls and voila! You’re ready to bake!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Chicken Breast - it’s best to choose chicken breast for this recipe as it's easier to shred and has a better texture. If you need a shortcut, I recommend using rotisserie chicken.
- Hawaiian Dinner Rolls - feel free to use your favorite sweet dinner rolls, or make these Gluten Free Hawaiian Rolls if you need a gluten-free option.
- Cayenne Hot Sauce - I used Frank's RedHot sauce but you can also try any other Louisiana-style hot sauce that has the signature tangy and peppery taste. Or feel free to use your go-to hot sauce!
- Cream Cheese - use a whole pack of cream cheese to get the creamiest result. If you’re lactose intolerant, opt for dairy-free cream cheese or dairy-free sour cream.
- Blue Cheese - not everyone loves blue cheese, but I really recommend using it for this recipe! The tanginess from the blue cheese really goes well with the sweetness of the rolls and the taste ends up quite mild. If you really don’t like blue cheese, you can substitute it with feta cheese for a less pungent flavor.
- Garlic Butter - you can skip the garlic here but don’t skip the butter. Alternatively, you can use your favorite herb butter mixture!
Tips & Suggestions
- Ranch Dressing - try dipping your sliders in Ranch Dressing. If you forgot to grab a bottle from the store, don't worry! It’s so easy to make, you can whip your own Homemade Ranch Dressing or even try a Kefir Ranch Dressing.
- Blue Cheese Dip - if you’re a blue cheese fan, try this Zesty Blue Cheese Dip for an extra kick. For keto dieters, check out this Keto Blue Cheese Dressing!
- Homemade Buffalo Sauce - you can also make your own Buffalo Sauce to have more control over the heat level depending on your preference.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Goes Well With Buffalo Chicken Sliders?
You can always have chips on the side, serve them with these Homemade French Fries
Can You Make This Ahead?
Definitely! You can make this before your guests arrive or even keep it in the fridge for 3 - 5 days. Just make sure you keep it in an airtight container wrapped in foil to keep fresh. It’s best to assemble the sliders right before you bake.
More Game Day Recipes To Explore
Trending Game Day Collections
Popular Game-Day Recipes