How To Make Spiced Vanilla Pear Spritzer
How To Prepare Pear Nectar Mixture
Heating the spices will bring out their flavors. Using a saucepan, add in the pure nectar and the spices and bring the mixture to a boil to let flavors come together. Once you’ve reached the boiling point, simmer it for 10 minutes and turn off the heat before pouring in the maple syrup and fresh lemon juice. Set it aside to cool off until ready to use.
How To Serve Spiced Vanilla Pear Spritzer
You can mix it in a cocktail shaker, mason jar, or any jar with a tight lid. Combine the pear nectar mixture with vodka and shake well. We recommend a ratio of a quarter cup pear nectar to 15 fl oz of vodka for one serving in a rocks glass. Top with your favorite soda water and serve with cinnamon stick and star anise as garnish. You can also lightly blow torch the cinnamon stick to bring out extra aroma when serving.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Pear Nectar - compared with fruit juice, nectar is diluted with water and other additives or sweeteners. A bottle of pear nectar can usually be found in the juice aisles.
- Maple Syrup is a classic fall and holiday flavor that acts as a sweetener in this drink recipe with flavors of caramel and toffee. If you’re cutting down on sugar, you can use sugar-free maple syrup. You can also use honey as a substitute.
- Cinnamon Sticks - a spice that is quintessential of the holidays. Adds great flavor and aroma to the drink. We use it in the pear nectar mixture to infuse its flavor and as a garnish.
- Whole Cloves - a warm spice that is similar to the flavor of cinnamon and nutmeg. It has an intense flavor and aroma and adds some sweetness with bitter notes.
- Star Anise - a very aromatic and distinctive flavor that is similar to licorice. It has a warm and sweet yet spicy flavor profile.
- Vodka - a neutral-flavored spirit that works great to boost the flavors in this spritzer. You can use any of your favorite vodka brands, but here are some vodka brands we tried: Grey Goose, Belvedere, Ketel One, Absolut, and Ciroc.
- Soda Water - a carbonated drink that is slightly bitter in taste. It is usually added on top of cocktails for an extra fizz. You can choose which brand to use for this spritzer.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a spritzer?
The classic spritzer is a cocktail drink with 3 parts white wine and 1 part soda water. But hard spritzers are basically spirits with fruit and carbonated water.
You Might Also Like:
Collection Of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try