• Do you know that one cup of chopped raw broccoli has only 31 calories?
• To keep your broccoli fresh before using, store it in the fridge with a sealed bag.
• Do not wash it before storing as it might spoil due to exposure to water.
• Keep your partial heads in a well-sealed container or plastic bag and refrigerate!
• Use your leftover broccoli stalks as fertilizer in your garden or farm, create new food out of your leftovers!
• Replace some broccoli stalks for rawhide bone as a toy for your dog!
• Grating broccoli stalks and sauteing them with garlic for a quick side dish that reduces food waste.
Broccoli is a fat-free, low-sodium vegetable that contains very high levels of Vitamin C
Corrections or improvements? Email us at