• Apples are one of the most popular fruits in the United States. These healthy grab & go snacks are usually eaten raw, but they can be baked, dried, canned, pickled and juiced.
• Look for: Ripe apples are great for immediate use, under-ripe apples if you plan to store them.
• Store: In the crisper drawer of the fridge for up to two weeks.
• When storing cake, brownies or soft cookies, drop a few apple wedges into their container to keep the desserts moist for longer.
• Apple seeds contain cyanide which is harmful in large doses. To be affected, however, one needs to eat at least 18 apple cores.
• The reason that apples float is because they consist of 25% air.
Corrections or improvements? Email us at