How To Make Homemade Taco Bell’s Burrito Supreme
How To Prepare Burrito Ground Beef
Brown the ground beef in a pan, breaking it down with a wooden spoon as you go. Once the beef is browned, add in the taco seasoning and spices. Cook it together for another minute then add in the tomato paste until beef is fully coated. Set it aside until ready to assemble.
How to Warm Flour Tortilla
You can directly warm up the tortilla in a pan or you can warm it up in a microwave. You can use the grill option in the microwave or simply put the tortilla on a plate and place a wet paper towel on top. This trick can help the flour tortilla to keep its softness and still be pliable for folding.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Ground Beef - when choosing the meat, ground chuck is a great choice since it has some good amount of fat content. Fat in ground beef adds great flavor to the overall flavor of taco meat.
- Tomato Paste - adds great robust meaty and tomato flavor to the beef. It also adds great color and richness to the meat. If unavailable, you can substitute it with tomato sauce or tomato puree.
- Flour Tortilla - depending on the size of the homemade Taco Bell burrito you want to make, you can choose the size of the tortilla to buy. Usually large to extra large flour tortillas are used for burritos. You can also make Flour Tortilla at home!
- Seasonings and Spices - for this recipe, use your favorite or homemade taco seasoning, some garlic powder, and your go-to chili spice mix to boost the taco flavors for your seasoned beef!
Tips & Suggestions
- Roll your burrito like a pro with these easy steps:
- Place all the burrito filling in the middle of the flour tortilla.
- Fold in the side flaps towards the middle, about 1.5 to 2 inches per side.
- Then fold the flap from the bottom going to the top then using your fingers tuck in the filling, shaping the burrito.
- Before the last fold, fold in the small corners towards the middle and finally, do the last fold tucking everything completely.
Frequently Asked Questions
What's the difference between Taco Bell's regular burrito and burrito supreme?
Taco Bell's regular burrito has seasoned rice in it while the Burrito Supreme has the same ingredients of the regular except the rice and has double the meat. Both are rolled with fresh shredded lettuce, beans, chopped tomatoes and onions, sour cream, and cheddar cheese.
You Might Also Like:
Collection Of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try