How To Make Korean Corn Cheese
For an easier clean-up, you can use a cast-iron skillet or an oven-safe pan to prepare this corn dish. Follow these easy steps to make this delicious Korean Corn Cheese:
- Cook the drained corn kernels to your pan with some melted butter until they get a great charred color.
- Add in the chopped scallions and season with salt and pepper, cook it down for a minute then turn off the heat.
- Stir in the mayonnaise and more seasonings. Make sure the corn kernels are covered well with the mayonnaise. You can give it a quick taste before the final touches before baking to adjust the flavors.
- Cover the corn mixture with grated mozzarella cheese and you can sprinkle some cayenne pepper for a punch of heat.
- Bake until the cheese is bubbly and golden brown. Serve and enjoy while warm!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Corn Kernels - you can use canned corn kernels for this recipe. If using frozen corn, thaw it in the refrigerator overnight and make sure to drain it before using.
- Mayonnaise - a classic base for dips for its richness and slightly tangy taste. You can whip your own in just 5 minutes with this recipe: Classic Mayonnaise
- Scallions - a traditional Korean vegetable that gives any dish a peppery and sharp flavor. It also gives this corn appetizer a more Asian flavor.
- Mozzarella Cheese - this cheese is always an excellent choice for baking because it melts well and gives the stringy cheese pull. You can use a ready pack of shredded mozzarella cheese or grate some fresh mozzarella.
Tips & Suggestions
- This Korean Corn Cheese can be served as a side dish or an appetizer. It can be eaten by itself or you can pair it with some Korean BBQ or Korean chicken.
- Make this dish in a cast-iron skillet or any oven-safe pan for easy transfer to the oven.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use fresh corn for this recipe?
Yes, you can. In-season sweet corn is sweeter than canned or frozen corn. So adjust sugar accordingly.
How to store this Korean Corn Cheese?
Although this dish is best served immediately, you can keep this corn recipe in an airtight container and they keep fresh in the refrigerator for a week and can last longer for months in the freezer. When reheating, you can simply heat it in the microwave or bake it again in the oven.
You Might Also Like:
Collection of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try