How To Make Air-Fried Chicken Wings
How To Prepare Chicken Wings
Clean and pat dry chicken wings with a paper towel. This will help them get crispy. Massage or brush the wings with oil and put in the prepared spice mix. Toss or rub to completely coat the wings. Place them in your air-fryer basket, in a single layer, and not overcrowd them. Shake the air-fryer every 5-10 minutes or you can also flip the chicken wings halfway through the cooking time. Serve it warm with your homemade or store-bought dip.
How To Make Homemade Ranch Dip From Scratch
Ranch dip is a perfect match for chicken wings! Although you can easily find a bottle of your favorite brand in the store, you can also make your own at home! Just combine all the ingredients of the ranch dip and mix them until fully combined and that’s it! Don’t forget to give it a quick taste before serving to adjust the flavors as needed.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Chicken Wings - you can use whole chicken wings or cut them into 2 parts, separating the drumette and the wingette. You can easily find them in the fresh or frozen sections in the stores. If using frozen wings, thaw them in the refrigerator overnight.
- Oil - any oil can be used for this recipe. Oil will only be used to help the seasonings and spices stick to the chicken.
- Seasonings and Spices - you can use any of your favorite herbs and spices for this recipe but here is the list that was used for this chicken wings: salt and pepper, oregano, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, and cumin. You can adjust the spices based on your preference.
- Mayonnaise - a classic creamy base for most dips especially your homemade ranch dip. You can also whip your Classic Mayonnaise at home for only 10 minutes.
- Sour Cream - adds a great tangy, rich, and tarty taste that makes a great ranch dressing! It can be substituted with Greek yogurt since they have the same flavor profile.
- Lemon - fresh lemon juice adds zing and freshness to your wing dip. The amount can be adjusted depending on the sweetness or sourness of your fresh lemon.
Tips & Suggestions
- You can cut the chicken wings to separate them into 2 parts using your trusted sharp kitchen scissors or chop them using a sharp knife. Stretch out the wing and you will see the joints that connect the drumette and wingette. You can easily cut it in the joint area since it will be just the cartilage. You will feel it if it’s the bones since it will be difficult to slice through.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why isn't my chicken crispy in the air fryer?
Several factors can affect the crispiness of your chicken. They can be too wet when you cook them, this is why you should pat dry the chicken before marinating to take out excess water on the skin. You can also have used too much oil to massage the chicken, always use just a little amount of oil or simply brush them.
How long does it take to cook wings in an air fryer?
Depending on the size of your chicken wings or how much chicken you put in your air-fryer can affect the cooking time. Chicken wings can cook for 24 to 30 minutes in a 360 degrees F setting but can be shorter or longer. You can check them halfway through and don’t forget to flip them too.
Can I double the recipe?
Definitely! Make sure to keep the wings in a single layer and cook in batches for all-around crispy chicken wings.
You Might Also Like:
Collection Of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try