How To Make Keto Lemon Cake With Blueberries
How To Prepare Keto Cake Batter
Usually, to make keto cakes fluffier, you should mix your dry ingredients separately then fold the rest of the ingredients together slowly. This recipe is extra easy and quick because you can easily combine everything together in your food processor and get your keto cake batter ready in minutes.
How To Bake Keto Lemon Cake With Blueberries
You should bake your keto lemon cake for approximately 15 minutes at 425 degrees F then check if it’s ready by using the classic toothpick test. Just insert a wooden toothpick into the middle of your cake and see if it comes out clean. This will ensure that the cake is ready and no excess moisture remains.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Eggs - a vital ingredient not only because of its protein content but it helps cake batter’s stability and also adds moisture to the cake.
- Cream Cheese - definitely a keto favorite! It’s super tasty and a great fat source.
- Coconut Flour - one of the lowest-carb flours that work well with your keto diet. You can also substitute coconut flour for almond flour if this is what you have in your pantry.
- Erythritol - if you’ve been on a keto diet for quite some time, you’ll surely have this natural sweetener in your pantry. An excellent substitute for granulated sugar for baking and also the sugar taste!
- Baking Powder - easily found in most if not all baking recipes. Baking powder is important to help leaven or raise baked goods. It also helps lighten the texture of the cake.
- Pure Vanilla Extract - addition of vanilla helps lift up the flavor and aroma of your baked cake. You can also make your own Homemade Vanilla Extract!
- Lemon Zest - a great flavor booster with the less tart acidity we find in the lemon juice. Make sure to only zest the outer yellow layer of the lemon skin to avoid the bitter taste of the white part.
- Blueberries - delicious, extremely healthy, and also keto-friendly. This tiny slightly sweet and healthy fruit is packed with antioxidants and fiber. Great color and flavor to complement this keto lemon cake.
Tips & Suggestions
- Rest your batter - coconut flour tends to absorb a lot of liquid, so it’s a good idea to let your batter sit for a minute before baking and let the coconut flour absorb all the liquid.
- Temperature of ingredients - make sure you let all of your ingredients come to room temperature before you start mixing them. You should take out your eggs, cream cheese, and butter about 30 minutes before baking.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Do You Make Your Keto-Baked Goods Rise?
We know that yeast bread rises because it combines with the gluten in wheat. None of the keto flours, such as almond or coconut variety have gluten in them. The trick is adding ¼ tsp more baking powder. It can help your keto-friendly baked goods rise and have a fluffier texture.
What Is The Best Keto-Friendly Flour To Bake With?
While there are more than two keto-friendly flours out there, in general, Almond flour and Coconut flour are the two that are considered to be the best when it comes to baking. They work well for both savory breads and sweet baked goods. You can also combine them if you prefer.
You Might Also Like:
Collection of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try