How To Make Banana Chia Protein Overnight Oats
Begin with preparing the ingredients and your trusted mason jar or any container with a tight seal. You can mash your bananas or slice them up thinly just so it will be easier to mix it with the other ingredients. In no particular order, add in the oatmeal, chia seeds, vanilla protein powder, banana, and milk just enough to soak the oats. Before stirring them together, add in the maple syrup and vanilla extract. Stir is well until fully incorporated, enough that no oats are unsoaked. Cover it tightly and keep it overnight in the refrigerator.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Oatmeal - it is best to use old fashioned oats when making overnight oats since they are bigger and can hold more liquid. Use your favorite oatmeal brand for this recipe! Some of the most popular brands are Quaker Oats and Bob’s Red Mill.
- Chia Seeds - a classic superfood that is packed with nutrients, known for its antioxidants, and fiber. Raw chia seeds are crunchy but when soaked, they become like tapioca or have a gel-like texture.
- Vanilla Protein Powder - for added protein, you can use your vanilla-flavored whey. Bob”s Red Mill also has a vanilla whey powder.
- Banana - a creamy and sweet fruit that is rich in potassium and vitamins. Its flavor and texture works well with the overnight oats recipe. It’s also an excellent use of overripe bananas.
- Non-Fat Milk - this will be the liquid that the overnight oats will soak in. You can substitute it with non-dairy milk like oat milk or almond milk if you have lactose intolerance.
- Maple Syrup - acts as a sweetener for this recipe, it can easily be substituted with honey.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is overnight oats healthy and helps with weight loss?
Overnight oats are packed with protein, fiber, and heart-healthy ingredients! You can choose ingredients that are low in carbohydrates and fat to make it more perfect for weight loss.
Is it safe to eat raw and just soaked oats?
Raw oats are actually safe to eat but eating dry raw oats can lead to indigestion. Soaking them with some liquid makes it easier to digest and very filling. Based on research, overnight oats are healthier than cooked oats since the nutrients are more preserved.
What kind of liquid can I soak oats in?
You can use water, dairy milk, alternative non-dairy milk, or even juice to soak your oats in!
You Might Also Like:
Collection Of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try