How To Make Caramel Bourbon Brownie Cookies
How To Make Brownie Cookies From Scratch
You will need to prepare three mixtures to make the brownie cookie batter for this recipe. First, prepare the chocolate butter; then prepare the dry or flour mix; prepare the syrup mixture last. Here are the quick and easy steps to make the brownie cookie batter from scratch:
- Once your syrup mixture is well combined, pour in the chocolate butter. Make sure that chocolate butter has cooled down properly to avoid cooking the eggs in the syrup mixture.
- Whisk them together until you get a light and fluffy mixture. You should have a soft peak consistency.
- Add in the flour mixture and mix it in until thoroughly combined. If you’re using walnuts or any nuts, you can fold it in and set the batter aside until ready to bake.
How To Make Quick Bourbon Caramel
To make the bourbon caramel, just cook together the caramel candies, bourbon, and whipped cream. Don’t forget to stir it consistently to avoid burning the caramel at the bottom of the saucepan. Once you have your velvety caramel consistency, you can drizzle the bourbon caramel on top of your baked cookies.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Unsalted Butter - instead of using salted butter, we recommend using unsalted butter to control the salt content or saltiness of the cookies.
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips - has a great balance of sweet and slight bitterness that makes every bite more enjoyable.
- All-Purpose Flour - a pantry staple not just for bakers but all types of home cooks. You can also substitute it with some gluten-free all-purpose flour if you have gluten sensitivity. Bob’s Red Mill is one of the most common options for many types of flour and can easily be found in grocery stores.
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder - adds pure chocolate flavor and, with its fine texture, makes it easy to melt or incorporate into the cookie batter.
- Baking Powder - helps the cookie spread out and gives the signature cookie cracks on the surface.
- Brown Sugar - this type of sugar adds more caramel flavor to this cookie recipe. It also helps make your cookies chewy.
- Granulated Sugar - in this recipe, the granulated sugar is added for sweetness.
- Eggs - add moisture to the cookies. Eggs are essential to cookie recipes since they help with the structure and texture of the cookie. They will also be part of the wet mixture for the cookie batter.
- Vanilla Extract - just like other types of baked goods or pastries, vanilla extract is added for aroma and added vanilla flavor. Using just two ingredients, you can make your own Homemade Vanilla Extract.
- Caramel Candies - you can use your favorite caramel brand for this or any leftovers from the treats jar.
- Whipping Cream - added to bind and make the caramel sauce smoother and creamy.
- Bourbon - usually sweet with notes of oak, vanilla, and caramel. Which makes it work well with the flavor of caramel candies. You can take it out if you want to make it more kid-friendly.
Tips & Suggestions
- Try stirring in some walnuts to make these cookies even more delicious.
- You can make these cookies chewy using a bigger scoop of cookie dough or crunchier if you make the cookies smaller.
Frequently Asked Questions
How Long Do Homemade Cookies Stay Fresh?
Homemade cookies can be refrigerated for up to 2 months. You can keep cookies at room temperature for as long as three weeks. And if you freeze the cookies, they can stay fresh even longer.
How Do I Know When the Cookies Are Done Baking?
It is always better to take your cookies out of the oven slightly underbaked than overdone. You can return them to the oven for a few more minutes if needed. There is an old but very true saying about baking cookies - “If the cookies look done, you overbaked them.
You Might Also Like:
Collection of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try