How To Make Sticky Honey Mustard BBQ Beef Ribs
How To Prepare Honey Mustard Marinade
In preparing the honey mustard marinade for this ribs recipe, you will only need a medium bowl, whisk, and the sauce ingredients. Combine all the ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Give it a quick taste before using it so you can adjust the flavor to your preference. You can also add chili powder, cayenne, or smoked paprika to add a smoky, spicy taste. Set the marinade aside until ready to use.
How To Cook BBQ Beef Ribs
After cleaning the beef short ribs, rub in the marinade sauce and massage it for a few minutes until the ribs are fully coated. You can do it straight to your baking dish lined with foil to lessen the clean-up. Cover the baking dish with another aluminum foil, creating a "foil boat.” This method will help slow cook the ribs and not over brown the crust while baking it in the oven. Bake them for about 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 400 degrees 4 (200 degrees F). After baking for 40 minutes, take it out and its foil cover, then brush it with the remaining marinade from earlier. Cook it uncovered for 10 minutes or just when you get a good caramelization on the short ribs. Rest for a few more minutes before slicing and serving it.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Beef Short Ribs is a classic cut for a bbq recipe because of its meatiness and great flavor. It has a great amount of fat that helps keep it moist and flavorful. You can get it boneless, but we recommend using bone-in beef short ribs.
- Dijon Mustard - compared with yellow mustard, dijon has more punch with its sharpness, spice, and tangy flavor. If you prefer a milder flavor, you can also use yellow mustard in 1:1 substitution.
- Honey - great sweetener and balancer for this marinade recipe. Honey also helps with the caramelization of the bbq during cooking, making it deliciously sticky.
- Hot Sauce -you can use your favorite store brand depending on your spice preference too.
- Onion Powder - the powdered form is highly concentrated in flavor, making it easy to infuse the onion flavor to the ribs.
Tips & Suggestions
- Side dishes - Enjoy this Honey Mustard BBQ Beef Ribs with some white rice, corn, a bowl of salad, herbed potatoes, and a homemade bbq sauce for dipping.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Cook These Beef Short Ribs in a crockpot or slow cooker?
Yes, you can just follow all the same steps, then you can cook them in your crockpot. Then you can throw them in a broiler or oven for 5-10 minutes to get a good crust before serving.
You Might Also Like:
Collection Of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try
Rate & Review
TagsVIEW MORE TAGS VIEW LESS TAGS
French Bread Buffalo Chicken Pizzas
5-Ingredient BBQ Chicken Sandwich with Ranch Slaw
Classic Candied Sweet Potatoes
3-Ingredient Blackberry Cooler
Sheet Pan Peruvian Chicken
Classic Thanksgiving Stuffing
Mermaid Coconut & White Chocolate Peppermint Patties
Korean-Style Popcorn Cauliflower
No-Bake Vegan Chocolate Avocado Tart
Keto Chicken Milanesa
Vegan Pulled Mushroom Nachos
Smoked Salmon 7 Layer Dip with Bagel Chips