How To Make Sweet and Spicy Cocktail Meatballs
This recipe is so quick and easy, especially working with frozen meatballs; it’ll only take you 15 minutes and just three steps:
- Combine all the ingredients of the sweet and spicy sauce in a saucepan. Mix everything together and let it cook on medium heat until the sauce thickens. It will be thick enough when it coats the back of the spoon.
- Since the cocktail meatballs are frozen, there is no extra preparation for this but just to put them in thickened sauce and toss it around until it's warmed throughout.
- That's about it! Serve warm at your next holiday party or bring to the next potluck.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Frozen Meatballs - the frozen meatballs we usually see in the groceries are fully cooked meatballs already and would just need to be warmed up. You can also make homemade meatballs from scratch; you can use this recipe: Cocktail Meatballs.
- Maple Syrup - this is the sweet element for the sauce. Honey can also be a good substitute since they both have caramel flavor notes and give the sauce a great glossy finish.
- Worcestershire Sauce - packed with umami flavor that makes you want to eat more of this tasty cocktail meatballs recipe. You can also use soy sauce, but Worcestershire sauce has a more complex flavor with some sourness and notes of molasses.
- Chili Sauce - you can always use your go-to chili sauce for this, depending on your heat level preference. We can also recommend using Heinz chili sauce.
- Seasonings - we're using pantry staples for the seasonings on this one. We'll be using some onion powder, chili powder, ground ginger, and some fresh thyme. You can also add some garlic powder, salt, and black pepper to taste.
Tips & Suggestions
- For our vegan friends, you can use our Tempeh Meatballs recipe for vegan-friendly meatballs, just don't forget to omit the curry paste.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to store Sweet and Spicy Cocktail Meatballs?
Whether you have leftovers or have made this recipe ahead, you can store them in an airtight container and keep it in the fridge for up to 3 days. To reheat, you can quickly reheat it in the microwave or stovetop just until the meatballs are warmed throughout.
You Might Also Like:
Collection Of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try