How To Make Spinach Artichoke Baked Feta Dip
To prepare this hot and creamy dip, you will only need a preheated oven, mixing bowl, baking dish or casserole, spatula, and all the ingredients. Begin with mixing all the ingredients in your mixing bowl until everything is thoroughly combined. Don’t forget to leave some of the shredded cheese for the toppings. Transfer the spinach artichoke feta mixture to the baking dish and flatten it out with a spatula or spoon. Sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese covering everything and bake it in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes or just until the cheese on top starts to color and become bubbly.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Spinach - when using frozen spinach, thaw it, then squeeze dry before adding to the mixture. You can substitute fresh spinach with this recipe but make sure to blanch it before using it.
- Feta Cheese - a salty and tangy cheese that adds richness to this famous and classic dip. Cottage cheese, halloumi, or ricotta cheese are great alternatives to feta for this dip.
- Cream Cheese - a mild-tasting yet rich and creamy cheese. One of the most popular brands is Philadelphia cream cheese, but you can make it at home too - Homemade Cream Cheese.
- Artichoke Hearts - the tender and meaty part of the artichoke and can be found canned or bottled. It is better to use artichoke hearts in water rather than the marinated kind, which can have extra flavors that can affect the dip’s flavor.
- Fresh Nutmeg - this nutty and slightly sweet fresh spice adds an excellent holiday flavor.
- Mozzarella Cheese - aside from using it as cheese topping, it will also be mixed into the spinach and artichoke, acting as a binder. Mozzarella can easily be melted and is known for its crowd-favorite cheese pull.
Tips & Suggestions
- If you’re watching your calorie intake but want to enjoy this delicious dip, you can choose a fat-free or light cream cheese or feta cheese variety.
Frequently Asked Questions
What can I serve with Spinach Artichoke Baked Feta Dip?
You can enjoy this dip with some crackers, Homemade Tortilla Chips
, crostini, or baguette slices, or if you’re on keto, you can use No Flour No Yeast Keto Crackers
Can I make this dip ahead?
You can definitely make this a day ahead and keep it covered in the fridge, or make it an hour ahead and keep it at room temperature.
You Might Also Like:
Collection of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try