How To Make Roasted Sweet Potato with Hot Honey Butter
How To Prepare Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Begin with preheating the oven to 350 degrees F while preparing the sweet potato. Chop the sweet potato into 1-1.5 inch cubes depending on your preferred size. However, uniformity in size is essential to cook it at the same rate. In a parchment-lined baking sheet or pan, spread out the cubed sweet potatoes, season, and toss until all sides are coated. You can also toss the sweet potatoes with olive oil and seasoning in a mixing bowl to make it easier. Bake them for 10-15 minutes or until fork-tender; cooking time depends on the size of your cubed sweet potatoes.
How To Make Hot Honey Butter
Before combining all the ingredients of the hot honey butter, melt the butter fully in a microwave or stovetop first. Combine the honey, melted butter, and hot sauce and mix until thoroughly combined. Depending on your heat level preference, you can adjust the amount of the hot sauce. You can use hot honey butter in other dishes and just quickly reheat it in a microwave.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Sweet Potatoes is a sweet root vegetable that is a popular Thanksgiving side dish and a favorite snack for special diets. They can be baked, fried, roasted, boiled, and even grilled.
- Cayenne Hot Sauce - one of the popular brands of cayenne hot sauce is Frank’s RedHot; you can use any brand of cayenne or Louisiana-style hot sauce.
- Honey - a healthy and great-tasting sweetener. You can also substitute it with maple syrup or agave.
- Butter - if all possible, use unsalted butter to have more control over the salt content. You can also try to make your homemade butter using whipping cream!
Tips & Suggestions
- Never store your fresh and unpeeled sweet potatoes inside the refrigerator; it can make the center of the sweet potato hard. You can just keep them in a cool, dry, and dark place in your pantry.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is it safe to eat sweet potato skins?
Sweet potato skins are edible and packed with nutrients, and great for gut health. You can keep it intact when you cook your sweet potatoes or keep the skins for the same recipes as potato skins.
You Might Also Like:
Collection Of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try