How To Make Orange Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce
How To Make Orange Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce from Scratch
Prepare all the ingredients by zesting the orange and chopping the jalapeno. You will only need a saucepan and spatula to cook down this easy and quick cranberry sauce. Combine everything and cook it over medium heat for about 5-8 minutes or until the sauce becomes thick or jam-like. When stirring, scrape down the sides and bottom to avoid the cranberry from sticking and burning. Give it a quick taste before serving to adjust any seasoning based on your preference.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Whole Berry Cranberry Sauce - you can use a canned or bottled cranberry sauce for this recipe. If you have fresh cranberries, you can make your own Cranberry Sauce with just three ingredients.
- Jalapeno Pepper - a welcome addition to the classic cranberry sauce for an added zing to your holiday spread.
- Orange - we need both the juice and the zest for this sauce. Orange is a usual ingredient for cranberry sauce since its tartness and natural sweetness go well together.
- Ground Ginger - a warm spice that complements this favorite holiday sauce. Ground ginger is more mellow in flavor than fresh ginger but has that spicy with slight sweetness bite to it.
Tips & Suggestions
- Always remember to wash your hands thoroughly after handling the jalapeno peppers; its oil can stay on your hands for long periods of time, so avoid touching your eyes too.
- You can use your leftover cranberry sauce for recipes like Cranberry Brie Puff Bites, Turkey Croquettes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can this Orange Jalapeno Cranberry Sauce be frozen or made ahead?
Yes, this cranberry sauce is freezer-friendly and can stay in the freezer for up to 2 months. It can also be stored in the fridge for up to 10 days in an airtight container. Although this may be the most accessible component in your holiday spread, making it ahead of time is always a good choice for the busy cooking day.
You Might Also Like:
Collection Of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try
Rate & Review
TagsVIEW MORE TAGS VIEW LESS TAGS
Cheese & Tomato Braai Broodtjies
Keto Blue Cheese Dressing
Lime & Chili Chicken Skewers
Classic Meringue Cookies
Blueberry, Buckwheat and Almond Granola
Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet
Chicken Valencia Paella
Cranberry Balsamic Chicken Thighs
Mummy Cake Truffles
Mermaid Coconut & White Chocolate Peppermint Patties
Easy Roasted Pork Belly
Brussels Sprout Gratin
Mediterranean Stuffed Mushroom with Hummus & Couscous Salad