How To Make Spinach Dip Cob Loaf
How To Prepare The Spinach Dip and Bread Boule
Prepare the spinach dip in a mixing bowl by mixing all the ingredients together until fully combined. Set it aside while preparing the bread bowl. Slice the top off the bread boule and remove the insides.Try to pull bigger pieces since you’ll be using them for dipping later. Keep the bread pieces on the same baking pan to toast it with the bread bowl. Bake it in your pre-heated oven for 5-10 minutes or until your bread is toasted properly and bread pieces are starting to brown. While the bread bowl is still hot, transfer the spinach dip immediately and serve it warm.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Spinach - thaw frozen spinach in the microwave for 1-2 minutes. Alternatively, you can use fresh spinach, just boil and let cool first.
- Ricotta Cheese - fresh cheese that is creamy yet mild in flavor. You can also whip your own Homemade Ricotta Cheese with just 4 ingredients.
- Sour Cream - this adds some tangy flavor or slight acidic flavor to this spinach dip. You can substitute it with cream cheese if you prefer.
- French Onion Soup Powder Mix - a flavorful savory seasoning that goes well with the other components of this dip. Although this powder mix can easily be bought from stores, you can also make your own mix from your spice rack.
- Bread Boule - a French-style bread that’s shaped as a squashed ball and great for recipes like dips and soups because of its thick crust.
Tips & Suggestions
- Make your own french onion soup powder mix by mixing together these ingredients: dried onion flakes, beef or vegetable bouillon granules, onion powder, celery seed, dried parsley, paprika, and ground black pepper.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you make this in advance?
You can make the spinach filling the day before and keep it in the fridge. For the best results, add the filling in the bread just before serving.
Can you eat spinach cob loaf cold?
Yes! What’s great about this recipe is you can eat this dip cold in the hot summer days and eat it hot and bubbly in the cool fall days.
How long does this cob loaf keep in the fridge?
This will generally keep for about 2-4 days in the fridge. Dips made with dairy like sourcream and ricotta do not typically freeze well, as the texture might change so it is not recommended to freeze this recipe.
You Might Also Like:
Collection of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try
Rate & Review