How To Make McDonald’s McChicken Sandwich
How To Prepare McChicken Patties from Scratch
To achieve the texture of the McDonald’s McChicken, begin with processing the chicken breasts with egg and salt until you get a smooth paste-consistency. Use a food processor do this step. Shape the mixture to form chicken patties then proceed with coating them in your dry mixture then wet batter. To keep them more intact and easier to cook, place them in the freezer until hard and well formed, about 1-2 hours. You can cook the McChicken directly from the freezer, no need to thaw.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Chicken Breasts - use white meat to get more meat than fat and avoid it from shrinking when cooked.
- Eggs - used as a binder and an added moisture for the chicken patties and also used in the batter mix.
- Cornstarch - help seal the moisture of the formed patties when used as a coating and also a great binding agent for the ground chicken meat. Compared with flour, they can give extra crunch for fried foods. You can substitute this with potato starch or wheat flour.
- Yellow Mustard - aside from adding some tangy flavor to the batter, it also helps add some yellow color to the mixture.
- Mayonnaise - a creamy and flavorful base for the special sauce. You can use any brand of mayonnaise or you can also make your own homemade Classic Mayonnaise.
Tips & Suggestions
- If you want to make it a spicy version of McChicken, you can mix in some smoked paprika and cayenne pepper to the chicken patties.
- You can also make this keto-friendly by using this recipe for keto burger buns: Keto Filet-o-Fish Burger.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long can I store ground chicken patties in the refrigerator?
You can store the McChicken patties in the refrigerator for a maximum of a day only if it’s uncooked but up to 4 days when cooked. Ideally, keep them wrapped up and stored in the freezer just like chicken nuggets.
Can I cook the McChicken patties frozen?
Yes, you can fry this chicken patty directly from the freezer.
You Might Also Like:
Collection Of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try