How To Make Korean Corn Cheese Dip
How To Shuck Corn Easily In The Microwave
If working with a whole ear of corn, it can be difficult to remove it from the husk and all the hair or corn silk. This trick may be the easiest way to shuck corn just by using a microwave. Place your ear of corn in a microwave then microwave it for 60 seconds. When getting it from the microwave, make sure to use a towel since the corn cob can be too hot to touch. Cut the stalk or bottom part of the cob just until the first row of the kernel or about half an inch from the stalk. Hold the corn on the other end and give it a good downward shake until the clean corn cob slides out.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Corn Cob - you can also use canned kernel corns but it is suggested to use whole corn on the cob since you will also broil or grill the corn for extra charred flavor. Do not add sugar if you are using canned corn since canned corn is usually soaking in syrup and already sweet.
- Mayonnaise - use Japanese style mayonnaise which is made only with egg yolks. You can also use regular mayonnaise or make your own Classic Mayonnaise recipe or if you want a vegan option, here is a Vegan Mayonnaise recipe.
- Lime - fresh lime juice adds freshness and acidity cutting through the creaminess of mayonnaise and cheeses.
- Cotija Cheese - a popular Mexican cheese that is crumble and salty. You can substitute it with feta or parmesan cheese.
- Fresh Mozzarella Cheese Ball - this type of cheese melts great and gives you the satisfying cheese pull with every scoop!
Tips & Suggestions
- Add in some granulated sugar if the corn you’re using are not sweet corn. Give the corn mixture a quick taste before broiling it to adjust the flavor.
- Use canned corn if you are short on time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I use canned corn for instead of fresh corn?
Absolutely! Omit or reduce the sugar if you are using canned corn since canned corn is already sweet.
How to make this Korean Corn Cheese Dip ahead of time?
This cheesy corn dip can easily be made ahead by just mixing all the ingredients together and placing it in an oven-safe dish. Cover it tightly with an aluminum foil or plastic wrap then freeze it for up to 2 months or in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
You Might Also Like:
Collection of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try