How To Make Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet
How To Prepare Cauliflower Breakfast In One Skillet
You can easily prepare all of the ingredients you need for this low-carb keto-friendly breakfast. You can purchase cauliflower rice in most grocery stores or quickly make your own using a food processor. Trim any excess fat off the bacon (if needed) before you cut it. Just chop up all the other ingredients, season, and cook in the mixture of bacon grease left in the skillet and a bit of olive oil.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Smoked Bacon - a true breakfast classic! Aside from its salty, smoky, and slightly sweet taste, the crispy texture is greatly satisfying.
- Cauliflower - known for being a great low-carb substitute for rice and other pasta dishes. Its mild flavor makes it complement other dishes, and it’s also packed with vitamins making it a healthier option or addition to your meals.
- Garlic - one of the best flavor boosters! Since we’re sauteing everything in one skillet, we’re sure to benefit from the flavor of garlic and lift all the flavors in this dish.
- Onion - you can choose to use either a white or yellow onion. Raw onions usually have a spicier taste, but you’ll enjoy its sweet flavor since we’re cooking it here.
- Eggs - adding eggs makes this full meal extra filling and hearty and a great boost in protein to start your busy day!
Tips & Suggestions
- Bacon fat - don’t forget to keep the rendered bacon fat; you can use it in some of your sauces or pasta recipes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I make this without bacon or any other meat?
You sure can! Just remember to add a couple of spoons of oil, as you won’t have the grease from the bacon to protect your cauliflower breakfast from sticking.
What meat can I use instead of bacon?
You can use sausages, ground beef, or any other pre-cooked chopped meats you like.
Is Cauliflower Breakfast Skillet keto-friendly?
It’s a perfect breakfast if you follow any type of low-carb diet, including Keto and Whole30. Swapping traditional potatoes for cauliflower makes this meal low-carb yet just as delicious. You probably won’t even miss the potatoes.
You Might Also Like:
A Collection of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try