How To Make Avocado Salsa
How To Cut and Peel an Avocado
You can follow these steps to scoop out the avocado flesh easily and mess-free.
- Cut the avocado carefully lengthwise around the seed. Don’t cut through the seed.
- Twist the avocado halves in opposite directions and open the avocado to expose the pit.
- You can now remove the pit using a spoon or a sharp knife. Tap the pit using a sharp knife and twist it gently, applying a bit of pressure. Be careful not to cut your hand.
- Or you can make another cut and remove the pit from a quartered avocado (which is much easier).
- Make some cross-hatch pattern cuts in the avocado flesh; make sure not to break through the peel.
- Start scooping from the edges using a spoon and gently work it between the flesh and the peel.
How To Make Pico De Gallo From Scratch
To make a classic pico de gallo or fresh salsa, you need fresh tomatoes, white onions, serrano peppers, cilantro, salt, and lime juice. You can chop it as chunky or as small as you like. Give it a quick taste and adjust the lime or salt. You can also use other chilis like jalapenos if you want a more mellow spice level.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Pico de Gallo - You can use a store-bought tub for quick and easy pico de gallo. You can also make your own easily using some pantry staples.
- Avocado - choose a ripe avocado for this recipe, and you can simply slice it up, dice it, or even mash it.
- Lime - fresh lime juice will help brighten up this Avocado Salsa and elevate the flavors. Lime also helps the avocado retain its green color and prevent it from browning.
- Tortilla Chips - you can use any of your favorite chips, or you even make your Homemade Tortilla Chips with just three ingredients.
Tips & Suggestions
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does this Avocado Salsa stay fresh?
This recipe can last in the fridge for 3-5 days, but we highly recommend making it fresh since it only takes 3 minutes.
You Might Also Like:
Collection Of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try
Rate & Review