How To Make Cheesy Buffalo Corn Dip
How To Prepare Cheesy Buffalo Corn Mixture
Start by preparing all the ingredients and put them all together following these easy steps:
- Mince the onion, green bell pepper, and garlic. Set them aside until ready to combine with the corn.
- Fry the corn kernels with a bit of olive oil for about 3-4 minutes in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the corn starts to brown or caramelize, you can add the minced vegetables you prepared earlier.
- Cook together the corn, onions, green bell pepper, and garlic until soft and fragrant. It takes about 4-5 minutes. Once the vegetable mixture softened, lower the heat and mix in the following ingredients.
- Add the cream cheese, hot sauce, and mayonnaise to the vegetable mixture. Cook until the whole mixture is creamy and thoroughly combined. Stir in just half of the shredded cheddar cheese or cheese blend.
How To Assemble Cheesy Buffalo Corn Dip
Once the Cheesy Buffalo Corn Dip mixture is ready, pour everything into an oven-safe dish or casserole and sprinkle the remaining shredded cheese. Bake it at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese has fully melted, turned golden brown, and bubbly. Before putting the garnish, cool your corn dip for 5 minutes or let the bubbling cheese settle. Garnish with some fresh cilantro leaves, crumbled queso fresco, and paprika.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Cream Cheese - a tasty, tangy, creamy, and spreadable cheese that is a great base for dips. You can use any store-bought cream cheese you prefer or make your own using this 2-ingredient recipe: Homemade Cream Cheese.
- Mayonnaise - this pantry staple adds creaminess and gives a rich texture to this dip recipe. Make homemade Classic Mayonnaise in just 10 minutes.
- Corn - both canned and frozen corn can be used in this recipe. If you are using frozen corn, make sure to thaw it and drain excess liquid before cooking it. Since corn is the star of this dish, only go for high-quality brands.
- Cayenne Hot Sauce - buffalo sauce has a signature tangy, peppery, and hot flavor that goes well with the creamy flavor of the other components of this dish. Feel free to use your go-to hot sauce. We recommend using Frank's RedHot sauce or other Louisiana-style hot sauce.
- Cheddar Cheese - buttery, smooth, and slightly salty that gives the satisfying stringy cheese pull with every dip. Taco or fiesta cheese blends are perfect for this recipe too!
- Onion - a welcome addition to the vegetable mixture for its sweet flavor and added umami. Yellow onion is recommended for this dish since it tastes great with sauteed vegetables.
- Green Bell Pepper - has a slightly bitter profile compared with other bell peppers but has a great flavor that will complement the sweetness of the corn.
Tips & Suggestions
- If you’re making this corn dip for a summer BBQ party, or the location you’ll be serving it at is a bit above room temperature, don’t leave it out for more than two hours. Consider making two or three servings, and serving one bowl at a time, while the rest stays in the fridge.
- You can make this corn dip lighter if you’d like. Use low-fat cheese or swap mayo for Greek yogurt to have a healthified version. In general, you can experiment with extra ingredients as well, this dip recipe is very flexible.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the best dippers to serve alongside this corn dip?
There are so many options for dipping when it comes to party dips. You can use the traditional tortilla chips or any savory type of crackers. Consider Homemade Tortilla Chips
, or these Sweet & Savory Tortilla Chips
to completely dazzle everyone at the party.
Can I make the corn dip in advance and refrigerate it?
It’s absolutely fine to make this in advance and keep it refrigerated. In that case, serve it cold, or reheat it in the oven or microwave before serving. Do not freeze it.
You Might Also Like
Learn More About Queso and Dips
A Collection of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try