How To Make Eggs Florentine With Summer Vegetables
How To Make Hollandaise Sauce
You will need a bubbly hot butter to make a creamy hollandaise sauce and help cook the egg yolks. You can choose to heat up your butter through your microwave or stovetop. In a heat-proof mixing bowl, combine your egg yolks, lemon juice, and salt. You can either use a hand mixer or a whisk, slowly stream in your hot butter while whisking constantly until you get a creamy consistency. Set aside until ready to serve.
How To Prepare Summer Vegetables
Start off with preparing your asparagus by cutting them into thick and long asparagus ribbons. You can easily steam the asparagus and spinach in your microwave. Place them in a microwave-safe bowl with a water-soaked paper towel and microwave the asparagus for 2 minutes and 30 seconds and 1 minute and 30 seconds for the spinach. Set aside both vegetables until ready to assemble.
How To Poach Eggs In The Microwave
There are different ways on how to poach an egg. In this recipe, we’ll use the microwave method. Fill your microwave-safe mug with water halfway through, put in your whole egg, and slowly prick the yolk with a fork. Cover the mug and cook your egg in the microwave in 30-second increments until the egg is cooked to your desired doneness.
How To Assemble Eggs Florentine With Summer Vegetables
Toast your English muffins either by using the grill function on your microwave or your oven toaster. Now we’re all set to assemble your luxurious brunch meal! Cover your toasted English muffin with the steamed asparagus ribbons, followed by the steamed spinach then your poached egg. Top it up with your creamy and luscious hollandaise sauce. Finish off with a sprinkle of paprika.
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Eggs - this protein-packed versatile ingredient is an important component for this dish. We’ll be using only the yolks for the hollandaise sauce and of course, whole eggs for our poached egg.
- Asparagus - we love the addition of this summer vegetable for this brunch classic. Aside from the added texture, asparagus also helps soothe a hangover. A true winner in our opinion.
- Spinach - the component that makes Eggs Florentine, florentine! One of the favorite superfoods that taste great both cooked and raw.
- English Muffins - you can choose to use your favorite store-bought English muffins or you can always try to bake your own Classic English Muffins, Whole Wheat English Muffins, or even Keto English Muffins.
- Unsalted Butter - aside from being the most important and only constant component in a hollandaise, butter also just makes everything more luscious.
- Lemon - we’re using fresh lemon juice for this hollandaise sauce to bring out some brightness to it. If you don’t have a fresh lemon sitting in your kitchen, you can also substitute it with white wine vinegar. Some Hollandaise Sauce really uses white wine vinegar.
Tips & Suggestions
- Poached egg - poaching eggs may be the most challenging way to cook an egg and many people are trying different techniques to perfect their poached egg. If you want a bit of a challenge, you can try to make poached eggs using the classic rolling boil method using a saucepan.
- Variations - knowing how to poach eggs and making the hollandaise sauce are all that you need to come up with the different varieties of this brunch classic. You can easily make the classic Eggs Benedict or experiment with different toppings like smoked salmon or other seasonal vegetables. For our vegan friends, don’t fret! Vegan Eggs Benedict can be done!
Frequently Asked Questions
Can You Make Hollandaise Sauce Ahead?
Yes, but to get the best-tasting eggs florentine, we encourage you to make it fresh when you prepare for this meal. You can store the hollandaise in your fridge for a day or two, make sure it’s in an airtight container. You can reheat it in your microwave in 10 to 20-second increments and whisking it in between.
What Is The Difference Between Eggs Florentine And Eggs Benedict?
Eggs Benedict uses Canadian bacon instead of spinach, which you’ll find in an Eggs Florentine. But all other components are the same.
You Might Also Like:
Collection Of Recipes You Should Explore
Other Popular Recipes You Should Try
Rate & Review
TagsVIEW MORE TAGS VIEW LESS TAGS
Basil Pesto Salmon with Spinach
Pumpkin Risotto with Feta
Butternut Squash Carbonara
Barbecue Chicken Quesadillas
Shepherd's Pie in a Mug
Junior Apricot & Orange Rice Pudding
Chicken Parmesan with Miso Balsamic Salad
Quinoa with Vegetables Sous-Vide
Vegetable Masala Curry with Basmati Rice
Deviled Crab Cakes